Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The new satins!

Well, in the Wirth designs these are particularly brilliant colours - in some of our other designs they are a little more muted. However, I just LOVE that I can finally use quite strong backing fabrics without overwhelming the print. Oddly enough it's hard to see the difference, in a photo, between this and our prints up to now (which were on silk and in a whole different technique). Well, maybe I will take a contrast shot or something. Hmm - maybe this close-up shows it better. It really IS this richly coloured.
Here is the Wirth bag in bright red vintage (it's a good 30 years old I'd guess) Japanese kimono silk. I adore this colour:

And here it is in a very limited edition (we think we can do 8-10 in all) in antique silk velvet/plush that I bought last week. Piano shawl type hand-tied fringe was originally on the piece, which was a small table-cloth. Very teddy-bearish in a way. I like it!

They will all be on the shop (maybe I'll put them on Etsy too) soon. I'll update with a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment