Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Okay - the BIG Baroque birds

This is my very favourite door. I always imagine the conversation between the architect/sculptor and the owner: "So, I was thinking that two huge birds sort of having a conversation over the archway would look good." and the owner says, "Hmmm, well, er, hmmm. Okay." I will actually sort myself out to put some proper historical information about this door here later - until them you can imagine whatever you like! These doors always make me laugh, even on the days when I'm in a foul mood I can't walk past them without a giggle. Edited to add - another photo and a tiny bit of info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_Italy_in_Prague By the way, you need to get the scale of this. The "small" doors on the third picture are actually quite large - so the birds are GIGANTIC.



No comments:

Post a Comment