Friday, July 16, 2004

I have a full Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot deck in my hands!

Alex walked in having been with the bookbinder and the women who do all the collation. He wanted to show them himself how the boxes should be folded etc - and just properly meet the women themselves. We were told that the decks would arrive Monday and the sets a couple of days later. BUT! Now all will be here on Monday! The BBCats will be born properly at 12.00 midday on Monday. Or has it just been born? I'm not sure exactly. Because Alex just handed me one complete deck. It is - real! Really, really, real and here. The cards are, I don't know, I can't judge yet. I want someone else to see it as fast as possible. To me they seem very vivid little pictures - they work better than I expected. But I need a second opinion! Seeing all the cards together is different - NOT like seeing them on the web. Oh my goodness. What a day! Alex is on the phone to the printer right now. Lots of happiness and mutual congratulations. ____ edited to add - we will have to do the supersized (very small run) version you know. There is so much detail packed in - it isn't vital, but it would be amazing to do a very large version in which you can see all this. The Page of Cups holds a cup with a golden sailing ship on it - at this size you can only see that with a magnifying glass. But then, maybe that is also part of the charm? The print is so sharp that perhaps we should advise a magnifying glass examination? I am half joking - I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment