Thursday, September 27, 2007

Passion Chocolat

I swear that Vinohrady is becoming - for those of you who know London - the Prague equivalent of Islington. All cafes, design shops and uber-trendies (well, er, maybe those who would at any rate like to regard themselves as such). For exactly the same reasons that I never wanted to live in Islington, I find myself turned off the idea of moving to Vinohrady. But we have to move sometime soon - somewhere. Sadly, although I have now seen the house of my dreams, we can't afford it, so the vague intention to move continues unfulfilled. Meantime, back in Vinohrady, this cafe review (see below) typifies what's happening there. I mean, yes it's great and yes, I would love to live near a good French patisserie (maybe it's better that I don't though, thinking about my tendency to put on weight if I even glance at a meringue). But, well, I still am not convinced you know. It all seems suspiciously "could be absolutely anywhere in upmarketified Europe" to me. Dear God, I think I am becoming an elderly lady Czech in my thinking. Then again, there are worse things to be. I mean - howl - I want to live somewhere where I have a REAL garden and a few chickens and some fruit trees, a place where I can make my own jam and knit a bit. Oh goodness, yes, that's it, I am now officially possessed by the spirit of a Czech babicka. Is this reverse snobbery? I'm not sure. ______ Anyway, to finally get to the point I've been meaning to recommend this blog for ages (if I haven't already done so, honestly I can't remember). If you're coming here it's a really reliable way to get good, not-tourist-oriented restaurant, bar and cafe reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment