Friday, September 9, 2005

More on cushions

Yes, I know this journal is becoming positively conjusing - I really think I'm going to have to split it between work stuff (which goodness knows is diverse enough right now) and political/social diatribes (or vague meanderings, as I think they may more often be). But for now, here is a close-up of the Harry Clarke Harlequin cushion (just scanned, so the quality isn't wonderful I'm afraid). This was grabbed when I took it down to a local shop this morning - on the grounds that it's "so very Art Deco". It is quite lovely in fact. But most of all I like the little sting in the tail combined with the sheer beauty of the drawing/fabric et al. I wish we had more of this metallic fabric, but for now it's about to all be used up in some bags (it was only one dance dress worth after all) then it's all gone. Anyway, we can do more of these cushions with other fabric - they work particularly well with Japanese. I also have a fabulous, amazing 1920s piece covered with hibiscus blossoms that I think are hand-printed. It has a few moth holes in the centre so can be cut. But maybe it's too strong to go with this print. Hmm. Well, you see what I mean about the vague meanderings. I blame the heat, it's been a wonderfully hot day today. Art Deco

No comments:

Post a Comment