Thursday, March 5, 2009

The return of The Mouse

As you'll have gathered, the calendar (hey, spelt it right that time, it's one of those words I habitually mis-spell) is based on existing pictures, though very much reworked. It's partly because of our time - we were only paid for a couple of weeks work on this, though Alex has put in more - but mainly because it's what the publisher insisted on. I suppose it made them feel that they knew what they would be getting. It's actually worked out very well and I love the result, although I'm also itching to do a whole new lot of Bohemian Cats work.

IF this one is a success - and that's definitely a great big IF as by sod's law it's being launched at maybe the worst economy in central europe for decades - we will get to do a whole set of new pictures for 2011. Here's hoping.

But whatever happens, I have to say that reviving "the mouse" as he is called around here (he's a gerbil), has been a laugh. In real life he was a right little bad-tempered rodent who bit me several times and actually, single pawed, managed to terrify all our three cats. You had to admire that in a way.





No comments:

Post a Comment