Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Remember those ribbons?

We now have two cellphone bags. They are just gorgeous I think - very happy with these and I think I will quietly take a blue one for myself. They are both made with dupion silk (blue for the blue one, black for the lighter ribbon), padded and lined. Both have hand-woven handles - which are a bit ridiculous for us to do as they add so much production cost, but the ribbons demand it somehow. The white ribbon turned out to have some staining at the edges (see pic) - in fact most of the ribbon we have has some faults like this. It's very old indeed so not surprising. I'm not sure how much this matters but we'll make the ones with marks lower in cost. Anyway, I am putting them on the Etsy shop for now as there aren't yet really enough of them (we have two!) to make a whole new category on the main shop. If they are popular we'll carry on as we have some really wonderful ribbons. Do you think these bits of blue stain matter? I'm not sure if this kind of thing on antique fabrics comes under "shabby chic", "adds to the charm" or not. Certainly it's fairly subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment