Saturday, April 14, 2007

A fabric-hunting we will go...

We've just got a real treasury of antique and vintage fabrics - here are some of them hanging on our line (we usually wash everything, although as some of these had already been dry-cleaned we just hung those up to get fresh). From left to right - gorgeous, sweet and subtle 1930s fabric - hard to see from this photo but will look wonderful with 1930s fairies. Then there is an Art Deco embroidery/cross-stitch. Just gorgeous - and the side panels are actually stitched in bronze metallics. I think this will be four small shoulder bags. Next is a Baroque style (but maybe around 1900?) silk mix velvet/plush. It's faded in the middle but the borders are perfect. Bags I think. Over at the right a 1960s pure silk dress - I love this kind of thing. It will be tarot bags but I have to think how best to use the print - needs something sixtiesish or maybe Art Nouveau with it. Then at the front another velvet/plush carpet - heavier and in cotton I think. Beautiful colours - just not like anything you see used now. I think we will only be able to get three or four bags from this though, as the centre has damage. I think this will have to be with handwoven handles, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment